You know it is going to be a good day with a double alliteration title. I am starting my second day at the new job and I am happy to report that I survived my first day. Even though the next few weeks will fly by with a new job, I am still counting the days down to Portland, Oregon for my birthday.
My wonderful husband has put together an extensive itinerary I am thrilled with. Since it is Travel Thursday I am going to share what I am most excited for on our trip. T minus 15 days until Portland!
- We are spending most of our Saturday (my birthday) hiking 12 miles in Eagle Creek to Tunnel Falls. I saw a picture of the hike a few months back and have been dying to get there. What better way to spend my 27th birthday?
- Of course, how can it be a birthday without some ice cream. We will be making a stop at Salt & Straw which I have heard nothing but good things about. With flavors like Coffee & Bourbon, Olive Oil and Pear & Blue Cheese, my stomach is more than ready for some delicious new flavors.
- I love food, especially from places that are well known and popular. Voodoo Donuts fits that category. Another food spot that has unique flavors with names like Memphis Mafia and Tangfastic, I am sure I will leave a few pounds heavier.
- The last place we will spend my birthday before a night out is at Powell’s Bookstore. Being the bookworm that I am, I cannot wait to spend time at the largest independent used and new bookstore.
- On Sunday, we will be driving to another hiking spot to see one of the well known bridges in Portland – Multnomah Falls. The bridge has come up in many pictures and travel articles I have seen and I cannot wait to stand on top of it for a picture.
I am linking with the amazing Amanda from Running with Spoons for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
Tell me: Have you been to Portland? Which ice cream flavor would you try: Coffee & Bourbon, Olive Oil or Pear & Blue Cheese?
Missed the past Travel Thursdays? Check them out on the Travel page.