I love fitness. I love travel. Therefore, the best combination is when I get to travel for fitness or enjoying while traveling. As I have shared before, when the husband and I travel we always do our research before we visit a new city. By planning before we visit, we are able to plan how we will work in our exercise whether it be dropping into a local class or finding a great spot to run. Websites like Eventbrite, help to make it easy to find, schedule and even create events and that had me thinking about where I would have my dream yoga retreat! Of course it is easy for me to start dreaming of the perfect summer vacation to enjoy a yoga retreat. On a beach, overlooking the ocean? Perched on the top of a mountain, breathing in fresh air? In the snow or the heat? There are so many options that offer my perfect combination of travel and fitness.
Here are the top five places around the world I would pick to go on a summer yoga retreat:
- Limon, Costa Rica – Costa Rica has long been on my list of places to visit because of the large fitness influence in a country that thrives on being outdoors. While I have longed to zipline, bike through the nature or raft through a river, the perfect compliment to a long adventure filled day would be winding down through yoga.
- Bali, Indonesia – Bali is currently the home to many yoga retreats making it one of my top choices for a yoga retreat. Although Indonesia is an island, the scenic background would offer not only ocean views but mountain escapes as well. In addition, the heavy influence of yoga and spiritual growth would offer exactly the foundation wanted for a yoga trip.
- Kauai, Hawaii – This is the probably the easiest to picture. White beach and blue waters to look at while you breath in the salty ocean air as the sun warms you up. If you love the beach then yoga on the beach is a picture of relaxing perfection. My love of paddleboarding is strong and my dream retreat would involve trying yoga on a paddleboard in the middle of the ocean.
- Whistler, Canada – While most people think of Whistler for snowboarding (which I also want to go to Canada for) there is much to offer in the summer that many people look over. Life can get so fast paced, resulting in me sitting around wondering where the time has gone. Therefore, going to a yoga retreat in the middle of a rainforest or overlooking a lake are an ideal summer trip.
- Aspen, Colorado – Again, another city most often thought of for their ski lifts, Aspen offers amazing mountain views with clean crisp air. When snowboarding in the winter, I always feel like my lungs can expand much better being in out of the city and in nature. Enjoying the air while doing yoga would only help to enhance your breathing while practicing as well as offering a serene mountain backdrop.
Looking for a yoga retreat or fitness event in your area or at your next travel destination? Check out Eventbrite’s page for yoga and fitness events around the world. Can’t find an event in your area? Create one using Eventbrite’s RSVP page to host an event in your area.
Tell me: Where would you want to go to attend a yoga retreat?